Instructions for proper Electrical Muscle Stimulator Pad Care and care of TENS Pads, EMS pads, Rhythm Touch pads, replacement pads.
Pain Relief Essentials medical pads are the best quality we can find. Replacement pads for any kind of electrical muscle stimulator, whether it is a Tens unit, an EMS, Russian Tens or the Rhythm Touch, will usually last for 1-3 months. The effectiveness of the unit diminishes when the pads start to wear. It is not the adhesive part as much as the transfer of electricity through the pad. This is where the quality of pad plays a huge part. Pads with low quality gel will change the effectiveness of the device very quickly, sometimes within the first couple of uses. We do recommend changing the good quality pads every 3 months, and changing lower quality pads every 20-30 days.
Cleaning ems pads to increase their life usage The pads are moisture sensitive, so for a longer effective life wipe the pads off after every use with “wet ones” a moist toilette available in individual packets or in containers of up 100 toilettes. We offer the most widely used pad size, 2X2 squares. Good quality pads can last up to three times longer, but do not have to cost three times more!
Reusable Self-Adhering Electrodes
Electricity passes through these electrodes at a very specific rate, a rate determined to be the most effective for relief. With use the resistance changes which in turn changes the effectiveness of the Rhythm Touch. For best results, the electrodes should be replaced every 1-3 months, with every day use the electrodes should be replaced every 4-6 weeks.
With proper care and storage these electrodes may be used multiple times. These are intended for single patient use.
Instructions for use:
- Clean and dry application area. Apply electrodes to unbroken skin only.
- Open and save pouch. Remove electrodes from package. Peel electrodes away from release sheet by lifting the edge of the electrode, not by pulling the wires.
- If electrode seems dry, add a few drops water to moisten gel and wait a few minutes to allow water to re-hydrate the gel
- Place electrodes on treatment area
- Superior Pads are very sticky – Apply finger pressure to electrode edge and press entire electrode to assure adequate contact with skin.
- Wipe off electrode with a non-alcohol wipe- baby wipe or wet one.
- Grasp the edge of the sticky pads and carefully pull away from your skin to remove.
Note: The life of an electrode varies depending on skin condition and care, skin preparation, type of stimulation, storage and climate. Your electrodes will need to be replaced when you notice any change in effectiveness of your unit or any change in the way the stimulation feels. Waiting too long to replace your electrodes will reduce the effectiveness of your unit.